Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Engagement Pictures

I don't have the actual engagement pictures yet, but I wanted to talk about it. I'll post the pictures later.

So, if you're living in northern Utah currently, you'll know that it's been raining on and off for all of May. I was hoping by all means that on Saturday, May 23rd Mother Nature would bless us with a little bit of slack and calm the skies for us, but no such luck. (I was not going to reschedule because I guess I'm stubborn, impatient and I wanted to feel like I was accomplishing SOMETHING in regards to wedding plans.) So while we were taking pictures, it was cold and wet. It wasn't raining that bad, most of the time it was just sprinkling and really cold.

Anyway, back to the important stuff. We took our pictures in Ogden at Union Station and down 25th street. I couldn't tell you how pleased I was about it. At first I wanted to just do something in Logan so we wouldn't have to go very far, but I could not for the life of me find a place in Logan that I really liked. And everyone who's lived in Logan will probably say, "What are you talking about? There are so many places in Logan you could do it!" Listen... Everyone and their sister loves taking "rustic" or "nature" pictures, but honey, have you met me and Jason? We're not really the "camping, outdoors, countryside, trees, grass and dirt" kind of people. And we both hate country music. Just saying. So that whole idea made me uncomfortable. "I'm sure there are other cool places in Logan that aren't like that," you might say. I would reply, "I dare you to find some." All of the pretty spots in Logan are nature-y. Moving on.
Our photo location, but the water fountain wasn't on
I told my photographer that she could have creative control over the situation. So we met at Union Station. She and her helper - her husband, were so nice and she was so easy to work with. If you know me well, you'll know that there are certain things that I like being in control of, and some that I don't. This was one of those times when I did not want to be in control. (As far as the poses and stuff goes.) It worked out so well because I told her the few things that I didn't want and then she took it and went with it. She told us how to pose, where to pose, and we were obedient models. It was perfect, and completely stress free, so much fun.

If any of you are wondering how I found such a perfect photographer, I used Aneisa Calder of Calder Photography, and I found her using thumbtack.com. Great place to find any photographer for any occasion. And if you're looking for someone who will take quality pictures at a reasonable price, I absolutely recommend her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment