Saturday, May 9, 2015

Our History

 Jason and I started dating April 6th 2014. And I want to share with you our story, because it's kind of cute. 

  Back in March of 2014, when I was living in the Towers, (dorms on Utah State University campus), I had a friend named (I'm not going to put real names down) Jennifer, who was at the time sort of interested in a boy who was also friends with Jason. So Jennifer and Jason became friends and she introduced Jason to our friend group and me. We started hanging out quite a bit, and one night in particular, I remember thinking,"Wow he is SO funny! And really cute!" Plus, he was taller than me, which is not always the case. ;) That night I told Jennifer to give Jason my number. 

  Thus begins the adventure. The weekend of General Conference, (a weekend where the top leaders of our church speak to us on behalf of Heavenly Father for those of you who are not LDS), Jason and I were texting A LOT, but what was very uncharacteristic of me was that I was being extremely forward, and for those of you who knew me in high school, I had a hard time talking to guys, nonetheless flirting with them. Sadly I did not save any of those text messages, otherwise I would definitely share them.

  On Monday April 6th 2014, I invited Jason to hang out with me that afternoon and we watched some of Jason's favorite anime show, Fairy Tail, which I thought was absolutely ridiculous at first, but slowly got sucked into. After that we started hanging out and became very close :)

 One thing I have to admit is that when we started dating, neither of us planned to be together very long. We both had the mindset of, "This is just a fling, and it's only going to last a couple weeks." In fact, my friends love to laugh about it with me because I declared to them that Jason and I were nothing more than a "flirtationship." But I think God had a different plan ;)

 Jason and I then started to realize how much we had in common and also how similar we were in the way we thought and did things. It started getting a little creepy how alike we were. If you ask either of us where it started, we would both say "watermelon" because we first agreed that watermelon is definitely the most superior fruit. 

 It would take me too long to tell you EVERYTHING that happened from our first week of dating until now, so I'll just sum it up for you. We kept seeing each other and you could say that two or three months into dating we started loving each other. If you asked me when I started "falling" for him, or however you want to phrase it, I know exactly the moment. Our friends and us were having so much fun at a karaoke night, and towards the end of the night he was singing "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz. It was so sweet. 

 So we've had many ups and a few downs, like most relationships do, and here we are over a year later. We have grown together in so many ways and we have so much love for each other. Now that we're engaged, our love is only going to continue to grow. Thanks for reading this super long post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment